Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 2017 | Tarragon and Bergamot | KCK Soapery


This batch end up being a huge fail.  Every slice just crumbles the bars but I had to finish or toss it out which is a waste since I know I put in good oils and butters into the batch. I might have soaped at the wrong temperature or measured something wrong. I will definitely try to redo this batch using the same ingredients. If it happens again the second time, I will have to blame the fragrance oil. Some fragrance oil reacts strongly during soaping process.


Oils of Coconut, Olive, Rice Bran, Palm, Shea Butter, and Mango Butter. I was excited to use two butters and had used this recipe before.


Decided to just use green and white for this batch.


Emulsifying with lye and added fragrance oil.


Poured the base.


Poured a middle line of green.



Added two more lines on both sides.


Made a swirl with chopstick.




Came out of the mold all cracked.


This could end up being a personal use unless you guys can suggest of any better use for a cracked soap.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Happy Soaping you all!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment