Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 2017 | Abalone and Sea | KCK Soapery



The design was inspired by the name of the fragrance oil used.  Two shades of  blue and white swirled and textured to look like the sea.


Oils used were the usual, coconut, olive, rice bran, palm, castor and mango butter.


The darker blue have more blue powder.  White is done using titanium dioxide.


Then I alternately poured the different colors in the pot.


Once all the colors were in the pot.  I then poured the soap batter into the mold.


Topped with the darker blue on one side with the white in the middle and the lighter blue on the other side.


Swirled the top using chopsticks.  I could just have stop here, but my vision was for a sea.


So I textured the top with a teaspoon to give the look of waves. 


Off the mold.


Hope you like the final look. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment